January 16, 2012
SFISD BOARD MEETING HIGHLIGHTS – JANUARY 16, 2012
- School Board Recognition Month- January 2012 is School Board Recognition Month: a great time to focus on the crucial role an elected board of trustees plays in our communities and schools. Plan now to show your school board members you appreciate their dedication and hard work. They are extraordinary people who voluntarily tackle the enormous job of governing school districts. Their actions and decisions affect the present and future lives of our children.
- Monthly Bond Update
- Quarterly Investment Report
- Monthly Data Validation Monitoring (DVM) Report
- Policy DEC (Local)1st Reading
- Policy EI (Local)1st Reading
- Policy EIA (Local)1st Reading
- Policy EIAB (Local)1st Reading
- Staff Attendance Report – 2nd 9 Weeks [Highest % = SFHS]
- Annual Racial Profiling Report presented by SFISD Police Department
- Minutesfrom Previous Meeting
- Accounts Payable & Budget Amendment(s)
- Approval of Delinquent Tax Attorney Contract
- Approval of PE Waivers
- Approval of Board Policy Update 92
- Approval of Disposal of Two Busses
- Approval of Counselor Appreciation Week - National School Counseling Week 2012, "School Counselors: Helping Students Be Brilliant," will be celebrated from Feb. 6-10, 2012, to focus public attention on the unique contribution of professional school counselors within U.S. school systems.
- Approval of Technical Education Month – SFISD joins others across the nation during the month of February to celebrate national Career and Technical Education (CTE) Month. This year’s theme is CTE: Careers Through Education. CTE Month provides CTE programs across the country an opportunity to demonstrate how CTE educates students to be college- and career- ready and prepares them for high-wage, high-demand career fields.
- Approval of Disposal of 12 year old Girls’ Softball Scoreboard
- Approval of Annual Audit Report
- Approval of Property Casualty Insurance (with Property Casualty Alliance of Texas)
- Approval of 2012-2013 District Calendar
- Approval of PBK Contract for Roofing at Barnett
- Approval of Competitive Sealed Proposal as the Procurement Method for Replacing the FBI Roof Over the Library
- Approval of District Visa Credit Limit Increase
- Approval of Contract with PBK for Piping Replacement at Wollam
- Approval of Energy Management Plan for the District
- Approval of Purchase of Cameras for the High School
- Approval of Purchase of VMWare Server
- Approval of Donation(s) – Donation received from BP Product North America, Inc. toward the purchase of the new softball scoreboard.
- Approval of Purchase of Monument for Girls Softball Field – Donations received from Santa Fe Girls Softball Booster Club, Steve Upton, Doug Howard, Carl Hudson, Raymond & Gladys Haak & BP Fabric of America.