March 23, 2015
The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The following were recognized at the March meeting.
- History Fair State Qualifiers – Adam Boehnke, Gaige Mitchell, Ryleigh Mata and Lacie Kruger
- UIL One Act Play winners for their play Scapino are: Jase O’Brien, Honorable mention All-star cast medal; Emily Graves, All-star cast medal
- Choir students attending UIL Solo and Ensemble Contest received superior ratings: CJ Bertolino, Victoria Cole, Alexder Leon, Elizabeth Holtz, Lauren Schanfish, Laramie Thompson and McKenzie Brown
- Art students participated in the Visual Art Scholastic event. 7 students received Superior ratings and 14 won Excellent ratings:
Superior awards went to: Kathleen Devoll, Faith Earley, Elizabeth Holtz, Brenden Iven, Aubrey Mitttelsted, Isaac Utley and Erika Vega. Excellent awards went to: Ashley Caulk, Craig Cromie, Ryan Duhon, Pablo Esparza, Elizabeth Forrest, Raven Gordon, Amanda Hill, Melissa Kelly, Rylee Kirsten, Michael Long, Renee’ Montemayor, Darryl Santell, Joshua Sims and Erica Werner.
- Tribal Belles had a very successful competition season. They competed in The Showmakers of America Greater Houston Competition and State Competition at Texas State University in San Marcos. They won numerous awards and are represented tonight by: Colonel, Brianna Keel; Lt. Col. Marissa Banda; Lt. Col. Bethanne Gilliam; Lt. Hayleigh Birkmeyer and Lt. Kyleigh Holm. Director Holly Davenport and Assist. Director Brittany Davis
- Two students from Santa Fe ISD, Mycahla Howardand Jeremy Sheppard, through donations received by their fellow students went to Houston to deliver snack bags, warm clothes and blankets to the homeless. In December, Madelyn Rozycki along with support from the community, SFJH and UTMB delivered more than 100 blankets to children with cancer at Texas Children’s Hospital.
- Lindsey Foley, Finance Manager for SFISD completed voluntary courses provided by TASBO to earn certification as a Texas School Business Specialist.
SFISD Employees of the Month for March:
RJW- Belinda Slawson
Kubacak - Desiree Kraus
Jr. High - Mandy Boudreaux
H.S. - Jennifer Rojers
Transp. - Jennifer Gordon
Maintenance - Joel Sumrall
Custodial - Veronica Williams and Maria Salinas
Child Nutrition - Dora Gardea
Admin. - Lori Nutter
- Monthly Reports
- Update from Tommy Watson, Chief Appraiser for GCAD regarding 2015 Property Values
- Minutes for February 16, 2015
- Accounts payable of $458,013.10
- Budget Amendment #7
- Student Transfers
- PDAS Appraisers Update
- Proclaimed April 12-18, 2015 as National Library Week in Santa Fe ISD.
- Proclaimed April 12-18, 2015 as National Public School Volunteer Week in Santa Fe ISD.
- Proclaimed April 22, 2015 as Administrative Professionals' Day in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved the contract with Start & Busch, LLC to perform the 2014-2015 fiscal year-end audit.
- Approved the Resolution authorizing the issuance of SFISD Maintenance TAx Notes, Series 2015.
- Approved the bid to sell parcel #1100-0040-0023-003 in the amount of $500.00.
- Approved Borden's Milk for the SFISD food co-op for 2015-2016 school year.
- Approved Glazier-Gordon for groceries for the SFISD food co-op for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Approved Kurz Bread for the SFISD food co-op for the 2015-2015 school year.
- Approve the 2015-2016 SFISD District Calendar.