May 18, 2015
The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The following were recognized at the May meeting.
The week of May 18-22nd is recognized as National Educational Superintendent’s week. Ms. Hanssard, Dr. Shuman and Ms. Davidson presented Dr. Wall with a
plaque on behalf of the District for her outstanding leadership and dedicated service to the students, staff, parents and community of Santa Fe ISD.
Kindergarten students presented the Board with invitations to their Kindergarten graduation, scheduled for June 3rd.
Tribe students of the year were as follows: Alyse Arrigaga, Mia Arundale, Hana Baker, Emma Balle, Harely Bickerstaff, Gage Brown, Reegon Brown, Madison Burkett, Jeran Butler, Victoria Buznego, Sierra Carpenter, MaKenna Castro, Emily Childs, Sadie Childs, Hailey Collins, Jaidyn Culpepper, Trinity Davidson, Caden Disbrow, Ryleigh Elkins, Autumn Fockelmann, Haley Frank, Bella Garrett, Slade Guida, Bradyn Gunn, Sadie Howell, Ashlyn Janik, Aiden Jewell, Tyler Jones, Kenton Kassler, Carly Lazenby, Zander Lee, Nevaeh Lujan, Bradley Marshall, Jack Martinez, Konner Matlage, Kayden McLemore, Kaylynn Miller, Kylee Moody, Abigail O’Brien, Isabella Orellana, Avery Patterson, Sammie Paukert, Kailyn Rice, Megan Romero, Ronnie Rouse, J.J. Saylor, Rebekah Scales, Kolton Scalise, Alexis Severin, Colton Smith, Ricky Stevens, Kennedy Sumrall, Tara Tabor, Kylah Taylor, Samantha Thieleman, Valerie Thompson, Angela Tuttoilmondo, Chloe Wainwright
Jr. High –
Battle of the Books 2015 Winners:
Sativa Bohall, Trinity Clark, Adrian Curtis, Reece Dobson, Laura Rogers, Mercy Wheeler and Kirby McCaskill.
Collegate H.S. – These students are on a path to attaining an Associate Degree at the same time they receive their H.S. diploma. Tyler Bland, Brittany Braun, Jasmine Cruz, Krista Jacob, Michelle Ley, Ruby Martin, Savannah Myers, Sabrina Quintanilla, Bridgette Vanramshorst and William Winter.
Congratulations to our Lady Indian Softball Team on achieving 2015 Regional Semi-Finalist. Their overall record is 27-6 on the year. Their District record is 14-0. They face Magnolia West on May 21st as they continue their journey. Courtney Clark (JR), Morgan Childs (FR), Hallie Phillips (SR), Serena Bear (JR), Shelbi Doherty (SR), Mycahla Howard (SR), Victoria Davidson (SO), Kayla Tisdale (SO), Sierra Cothern (FR), Katelynn Rendon (JR), Lacey Smith (SR), Haley Chavez (JR), Stephanie Reed (SO), Emily Evans (SO), Destinie Revier (FR), Shelbi Sunseri (SO), Michelle Owens and Bailey Zornes. Head Coach Katie Roberts, Asst. Coaches are Amanda Wagner and Andi Causey. Athletic Trainers: Keilea Bullard, Stuart Jackson and Becca Rubio
SFISD Employees of the Month for May:
RJW- Brandi Luikart
Kubacak - Jennifer Tisdale
Jr. High - Lyndi Carney
H.S. - Lacey Glover
Transp. - Terry Gallup
Maintenance - Gary Gray
Custodial - Juan Estrada
Child Nutrition - Sheri Fisher
Admin. - Jodi Gidley
- Monthly Reports
- Minutes for April 20, 2015
- Accounts payable of $985,502.79
- Budget Amendment #10 & #11
- Student Transfers
- Instructional Materials Allotment and TEKS Certification for 2015-2016
- Approved Bid for Parcel #'s 1100-0013-0007-00 and 1100-0013-0009-000.
- Denied the Penalties & Interest Waiver request.
- Approved the renewal of Depository Contract with Texas First Bank of Santa Fe.
- Approved the donation of refurbished desktop computers from Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice.
- Approve the purchase of tower section and repeater enclosure for Transportation Dept., Radio Communication.
- Approved the proposal with FieldTurf for H.S. football field.
- Approved the replacement of HVAC Units at Santa Fe Jr. High School.
- Approved the change of fiscal year dates beginning 2015-2016 school year.
- Approved increase in meal prices at Elementary and Jr. High campuses.
- Approved the TASB Salary Study recommendations for 2015-2016.
- Approved the Resolution for Senate Bill 149 (graduation requirements)