August 17, 2015
The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The following were recognized at the May meeting.
Keegan Nelms was selected for the Fab 50 by the Greater Houston Volleyball Coaches Association. A reception was held on August 2nd to recognize the top 50 volleyball players in the Houston area. Keegan was accompanied by Head Coach Anna Marie Milligan and Assist. Coach Jennifer Webb. Keegan was also featured in VIPE Magazine.
Anna Marie Milligan was recognized by Kevin Kline with the Snowdrop Foundation for her project “Rally Around the Cause” which raises money for the Snowdrop Foundation in honor of former volleyball player, Dana Marabella. Over the past 6 years, Coach Milligan along with donations from students, staff and community have raised a total of $65,079.71.
Green Machine student members passed out spirit t-shirts to the Board. Members present were Cody Plowman, Jeremy Hughes, Hannah Kenney, Jordan Jewell, Cayla Hockenbury and Keegan Nelms.
- Monthly Reports
- 2014-2015 Curriculum Program Review
- Minutes for July 20, 2015
- Accounts payable of $739,043.05
- Budget Amendment #14
- Adjunct Faculty Agreement & Resolution to Adopt 4-H as Extracurricular Activity
- 2015-2016 JJAEP MOU
- 2015-2016 Transforming Lives Cooperative Program MOU
- 2015-2016 DePelchin MOU
- PDAS Calendar and Appraisers
- PE Waivers
- FEC(LOCAL) Attendance For Credit
- FMH(LOCAL) Commencement Exercises
- Student Transfers
- Approved endorsement of Benny May from Barbers Hill ISD for TASB Board, Region 4, Position C.
- Approved TASB Risk Management Fund renewal.
- Approved resolution regarding Substantial Care by Resident Grandparent.
- Approved purchase of Edgenuity online software.
- Denied the request for Waiver of Penalties and Interest for Parcel #4513-0001-0012-0000.
- Approved Deep East Texas Self-Insurance as SFISD's Worker's Comp provider.
- Approved the Student Attendance Incentive to be included in the 2015-2016 general fund adopted budget.
- Approved the donation of 50 desktop computers and 25 laptops from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
- Approved a contract for Custodial Supplies for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Approved the 2015 Appraisal Roll and Recognize Compliance with the Texas Property Tax Code.
- Approved the 2015-2016 General Fund, Debt Service and Food Service budgets.
- Approved the resolution to adopt the 2015 Tax Rate.
- Approved the 2015-2016 Student Code of Conduct.