January 18, 2016
The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The following were recognized at the January meeting.
Employees of the Month – Linda Miner and Marissa Harrison-RJW; Brendan Palermo-Kubacak; Andrea Whisenant-Jr. High; Melissa Woodward-H.S.; Amanda Thumann-Transp.; Mike Flora-Maint.; Ana Juarez-Custodial; Teresa Hammock-Child Nutrition; Deana
School Board Appreciation Month - In appreciation of School Board Recognition Month, the Mayor of Santa Fe Mr. Jeff Tambrella presented the Board with a proclamation. Mayor Tambrella read the proclamation and presented it to School Board President, Billy Burns on behalf of the City and community. This year’s theme was “Superheroes for our Schools.” The Board enjoyed a video which included students describing which kind of superhero for the school district they would be and why. The Board members were presented with a certificate and a goody bag by students representing the (4) campuses and departments. The spouses of the Board members also received a certificate as well as a goody bag for their support..
- Monthly Reports
- Racial Profiling Report
- 2nd Nine Weeks Staff Attendance Report
- Quarterly Investment Report
- Minutes for December 14, 2015 and January 11, 2016
- Accounts payable of $563,806.55
- Budget Amendment #4
- Student Transfers
- Approved donations for December.
- Approved the financial audit report for the fiscal year ending August 31, 2015.
- Approved the review of the investment policy and strategies and approval of the resolution.
- Approved the contract with Market Place Alliance, LLC.
- Approved the contract with Lemons Auctioneers, LLC, to provide auction services for surplus equipment and materials.
- Approved IMA funds for Kubacak's Literacy Library.
- Approved to resolve February 1-5th as National School Counseling Week in Santa Fe ISD
- Approved to resolve February 1-29th as Career and Technical Education Month in Santa Fe ISD.