February 15, 2016
The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The following were recognized at the February meeting.
RJW recognized the following students who auditioned and were chosen as part of the Shrek pre-show cast: Sophia Bordeaux, Sadie Childs, Jaden DeLaRosa, Emma Feldpausch, Alexzander Fiero, Kynan Gaona, Haleigh Helgeson, Juliette Martinez, Kaylynn Miller, Brinlee Nichols, Clara Nordin, Mallory Richardson, Carrigan Rose, Leea Valdez, Savannah White and Isaac Roberts. RJW also recognized Sophia Bordeaux for her Best In Show award in the Rodeo Art competition.
SFJH recognized their Rodeo Art winners: Breanna Bradley (Gold Medal); and Zuly Tovar (Best In Show). Acts of Kindness students for the month of February are: Albert Garza, Ryan Johnson, Alex Trevino, Layne Nix, Joseph Gibbs, Holden Wainwright, Casey Goynes and Jagger Dodson.
SFHS recognized their Rodeo Art winners: HLS&R 2D was Faith Earley (Best in Show); Brooke Bennett (Gold Medal). HLS&R 3D was Faith Earley (Best in Show). Visual Arts Scholastic Event (VASE) Superior 4 winners were: Faith Earley (2 Entries); Pablo Esparza, Elizabeth Holtz, Bobbie Rodriquez and Erica Werner. VASE Excellent 3 winners were: Ryan Duhon, Raven Gordon, Michael Long, Rhiannon Peveto, Joshua Sims, Caleb Norton and Rylee Kirsten
Employees of the Month – RJW- Bonita Hyatt; Kubacak- Kyla Ogden; Jr. High- Tara Mata; H.S.- George Koroneos; Transportation- Bob Adamek; Maintenance- Sam Herrera; Custodial- Nancy Dean; Nutrition- Cathy Harp; Admin-Corey Click
Special Presentation – Tom Linklater with Property Casualty Alliance of Texas (PCAT) and Neal Gately with Edwards Risk Management an affiliate of PCAT
presented SFISD bus driver Rhonda Hart with a certificate naming her District Bus Driver of the Year for 2015-2016. Mr. Gately also presented Ms. Hart with the Special Achievement Award for her outstanding leadership, perseverance, communication and technical skills. She was given a plaque, personalized jacket and a $500 check for this honor.
- Monthly Reports
- Energy Management Report
- District Wellness Program Update
- Minutes for January 18, 2016 and February 11, 2016
- Accounts payable of $719,041.96
- Budget Amendment #5
- Galveston County Fair & Rodeo Special Days Resolution
- Approved property insurance renewal with Property Casualty Allians of Texas (PCAT).
- Approved the contract with selected Commodity Processors as presented.
- Approved the contract with SBWV Architects for architectural construction documents and services for CAP restroom remodel.
- Denied a penalties and interest waiver request.
- Approved the purchase of copy paper.
- Approved to resolve the month of March as Texas Public Schools Month in Santa Fe ISD.
- Apprvoed to resolve March 7-11, 2016 as National School Breakfast Week in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved to resolve the month of March as National Social Worker Month in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved the submission of a waiver request for modified schedule/state assessment testing days for Santa Fe H.S.