March 21, 2016
The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The following were recognized at the March meeting.
Kuback Elem. recognized their 3rd Nine Weeks Tribal Leaders Safety Patrol for their commitment to leadership and safety of all students at Kubacak. Edward Pesak, Calley Bennett, Camden Clark, William Bickerstaff, Logan Riner, Mallory Summers, Makenna McGuire, Jaiden Cooper, Seally Davis, Airianna Wittwer, Bianca Gomez, Tyler Long, Michael Rodriguez, Ivan Bell, Christina Bear and Madison Stookey.
SFJH recognized the following groups:
National History Fair winners that will be going to State competition. Emily Hardee, Cole McGuire, Sarah Nelson, Annalisa Newton and Reece Dobson.
Acts of Kindness students from the Jr. High are Carter Hitchcock, Jacob Cavness and Ryleigh Mata.
UIL Academic Tournament – 1st Place winners from the Jr. High are: Samantha Lane- 8th Grade Impromptu Speaking; Cade Albrecht – 8th Grade Number Sense; Janelle Bowen – 8th Grade Spelling and Sarah Birkmeyer – 7th Grade Chess
SFHS recognized the following:
Girls Powerlifting Team – Regional Qualifiers are Sara Buffington, Cassie Whitmire Kyra Rost, Karenna Castro and Izamar Rico. State Qualifiers are Morgan Boody and Mykaylah Laza. Boy’s State Qualifier is Kyler Gentry. Their coach is C.J. Cavness.
The Bowling Team won District Champions and placed 4th at Regionals. K.C. Stewart, Coby Cruz, Michael Long, Chet Rich, Blaine Nelson, Andrew Wardrup, D.J. Hebert, Colton Zaleski, Terri Gilliam, Brant Barmore, Santos Cruz, Drew Murff, Cameron Laymance, Allie Baccinelli, Bailey Rose, Sara Zaro, Verity Latham and Demi Todaro. Their Coaches are Judy Wardrup and Perry Murff.
HLS&R 3D Art winner Faith Earley received premium status which gives her maximum scholarship for her artwork.
Employees of the Month – RJW-Amy Bouse; Kubacak-Dede McLaughlin; Jr. High-Lyndi Carney; H.S.-Thomas Bennett; Transportation-Thomas Clement; Maintenance-Gary Gray; Custodial-Aleida Benavides; Nutrition-Blanca Medrano; and Admin-Tia Timm
Special Presentation – Ms. Hanssard introduced an annual program developed by TASB to recognize a business, individual or other community
organization that support public schools. Jodi Gidley presented a plaque to Valero for their generous donation to the Santa Fe Texas Education Foundation through their “Texas Open Benefits for Children Fund”. The donation was the largest received by the foundation this year and was able to fund many projects
district wide. Mrs. Gidley recognized Mrs. Marissa Werner and Mr. Billy Burns, employees of Valero for their efforts in nominating SFISD for this donation
- Monthly Reports
- TASB Employee Engagement Survey Update
- Minutes for February 15, 2016
- Accounts payable of $720,591.45
- Budget Amendment #6
- MOU with Galveston County Health District
- IMA and TEKS Certification 16-17
- Textbook Donation
- Approved Donations.
- Approved the contract with Stanley Equipment for the installation of temporary parking at RJW.
- Approved the contract with Wildcat Manufacturing and Fitness for new lockers for athletics at the H.S.
- Approved the contract with SBWV Architects for architectural construction documents and services for an additional serving line at H.S.
- Approved the annual service agreement with Schneider Electric.
- Approved to resolve April 27, 2016 as Administrative Professionals' Day in Santa Fe ISD.
- Apprvoed to resolve the week of April 10-18, 2016 as National Library Week in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved to resolve the week of April 18-22, 2016 as National Public School Volunteer Week in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved Policy Update 104 as presented.
- Approve the 2016-2017 Santa Fe ISD Calender "A" as submitted by DEIC.
- Approve the IDEA-B fund expenditure with Harris County Department of Education.