July 25, 2016
The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The following were recognized at the July meeting.
High School recognized Jake Blankenship who was named All County Baseball Player of the Year. Jake finished the year with a 12-0 record as a Pitcher with 14 starts and a 0.75 earned run average. In 90 innings pitched, he had a recorded 104 strikeouts. Jake also had the highest batting average at .355 and was regularly
inserted in the middle of the line up as a designated hitter in games he didn’t pitch. This amazing season found he and his teammates finishing in the fourth round of playoffs, earned him District 23-5A’s Co-Most Valuable Player honors and resulted in a baseball scholarship offer to Blinn College. Including Jake,
there were a total of 5 baseball players named to the Second Team All County, Pitcher, Jeremy Hughes, Catcher, Josh Blankenship, Infielder David Reyna,
Infielder, John Snider and Outfielder Cody Plowman. Three players, Pitcher, Tucker Micah, Infielder, Chase Daugherty, and Outfielder Drew Shaver who received Honorable Mention for a total of nine players representing Santa Fe Varsity Baseball. Coach Wulf this next year will enter his 20th season as the head coach of Santa Fe Varsity Baseball and his 32nd overall season as a coach. This year was the deepest playoff run since 2012, and also the year in which Coach Wulf received 23-5A All County Baseball Coach of the Year.
Santa Fe Athletics
this year had the distinct honor of having four athletes who were named All County players of the year. Keegan Nelms-All County Volleyball, Angel Cohen-All County Soccer, Shelbi Sunseri-All County Softball and Jake Blankenship-All County Baseball. Thank you to their Coaches, Anna Marie Milligan, Ryan Cox, Katie Roberts and Ronnie Wulf.
As a TASB initiated annual program recognizing the generous assistance provided to the districts by businesses and other community organizations, Santa Fe ISD is recognizing Winwood Motors for its outstanding support of the students and schools in Santa Fe ISD. Owned and operated by Kay and Albert Winwood, they have always provided great service to our District and community. Ms. Hanssard presented them with a Certificate of Appreciation for their dedication to the students and community of Santa Fe.
recognized Michelle Skiles for becoming the Area Representative for Texas Association of School Nutrition in October of 2015. Michelle has visited many chapters where she has encouraged membership and continuing education. She became a Certified Trainer, so she can teach TASN certification classes. She
has inspired Santa Fe ISD staff to work toward their TASN certification with 8 employees reaching level 1 and many more on track to reach goals this school
year. Michelle was recognized by TASN at their conference in Austin with the following awards: The Bronze Certification award, the Diamond Leadership award and the Outstanding Achievement award for continuing education.
recognized bus driver Loretta Powers and bus monitors Adam Shaffer and Nina Appelt. These employees witnessed an accident on Highway 6, because there
were no students on their bus at the time, they immediately stopped and took charge of the scene until first responders arrived. One passenger was badly injured and two others had minor injuries. SFISD Transportation employees are trained in CPR and First Aid. The District is proud of them for going above
and beyond the call of duty.
- Monthly Reports
- Minutes for June 20, 2016 and July 7, 2016
- Accounts Payable $1,044,387.42
- Budget Amendment #1
- Adjunct Faculty Agreement and Resolution to Adopt 4-H as Extracuricular Activity
- MOU with Hitchcock ISD Auto Tech Program for 2016-2017
- JJAEP MOU for 2016-2017
- MOU for Transforming Lives Cooperative Program
- Resolution for Joint Election Contract with Galveston County
- Approved the Order for Calling a General Election to be held on November 8, 2016 to elect Trustees for Positions 1,2,3 and 7 and set a date to Canvass Votes.
- Approved the Change Order to the Contract with Portfolio Builders, Inc.
- Approved the School Health Council (SHAC) Activities for 2015-2016.
- Approved Expenditures to Avondale for Special Education Student Services.
- Approved Special Programs Contracted Services for 2016-2017.
- Approved TASB Policy DNA(LOCAL) as presented.
- Approved TASB Policy DNB(LOCAL) as presented.
- Approved the Purchase of One 40 Passenger Special Needs School Bus.
July 2016 Board Recognition Highlights