In the event of an emergency, parents will be notified. The district will call, email or text parents with information just to reassure them that their children are safe and no action or response is necessary. In the event parents are needed to respond to the emergency communication, it is crucial to remember a few important tips:
- Refrain from using your cell phone on or near school property in an emergency. This is not intended to keep you from contacting your child but rather to keep the cell and data lines clear for communication among emergency responders. SFISD students are prohibited from using a telecommunications device in an emergency unless authorized by a teacher or staff member. This is for their safety.
- If you change your home, work or cell phone number, notify the campus immediately to ensure you receive emergency communication.
- If parents arrive at the campus, they will be asked to stay a distance from the school or a designated area will be established for parents. SFISD administrators will keep parents informed of any updates to the situation at this designated location.
Some emergency situations may require what is known as student/parent reunification because the traditional student release procedure is either unsafe or cannot be conducted due to a non-planned early release.
- Parents report to an assigned area
- Picture I.D. for the parent or guardian is required
- An escort will bring the student back to the pick-up area
- If the child is in the first aid area, the parent will be escorted to that area
The Alamo Gym located at 13306 Highway 6, is designated as the Ditrict’s Family Reunification Center. All parents are asked to report to that location and not to report directly to their child’s campus.
Important Phone Numbers
SFISD Police Department 409-925-3310
SFISD Communications: 409-925-9030
Transportation Department: 409-927-3314