The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled Board meeting. The following were recognized at the March meeting:
H.S. would like to recognize 24 Choir students who competed in the Region round of UIL Solo & Ensemble who received a Division 1 rating. Emily Summers, Gyllian Lea, Daniela Hernandez, Ryleigh Delarosa, Sara Staples, Mikayla Lovejoy, Megan Cunningham. The following students also are Division 1 winners who will be performing at State competition in May: Payton Young, Grace Wagner, Laramie Thompson, Skyler Skillman, Laura Rogers, Valerie Robinson, Nicholas Robertson, Jade Ranck, Haley Pyle, Azia Miranda, Devin Maier, Verity Latham, Ash Kidd, Oldrich Firasek, Paige Curry, Leila Butler and Brooke Bigford.
H.S. would also like to recognize the Tribal Belles. The Belles had a successful year and have attended 2 competitions. Between both of these competitions, the Belles received a total of over 30 awards and received the Grand Champion Award in both competitions. Colonel Faith Blundell attended the Texas Dance Educators Association Convention in January and performed as a member on the All-State Dance Team. Representing the Belles are Colonel, Faith Blundell, Lieutenant Jenna Arthur, Lieutenant Chelsea Pourchot and Lieutenant Savannah Reyes. They are under the direction of Ashley Hardage.
Employees of the Month for March are Jennifer Kahla, RJW; Jennifer Tisdale, Kubacak; Marsha Banda, Jr. High; Christina White, H.S.; Jose Estrada, Transportation; Gerard Albertine, Maintenance; Crystal Gimlin, Custodian; Veronica Williams, Child Nutrition; Walter Braun, Administration
- Monthly Reports
- YUM! Nutrition Services Update
- Minutes for February 19, 2018
- Accounts Payable $1,486.088.22
- Budget Amendment #7
- Revoking of Resolution between SFISD and American Express Awards Program
- IMA and TEKS Certification for 2018-2019
- Approved Policy Update 110.
- Approved a resolution to proclaim April 25, 2018 as Administrative Professionals' Day in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved a resolution to proclaim April 8 - 14, 2018 as National Library Week in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved a resolution to proclaim April 16 - 20, 2018 as National Public School Volunteer Week in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved the terms of the audit engagement with Start, Garcia & Stanley, LLC to perform the 2017-2018 fiscal year-end audit.
- Approved donations.
- Approved funding for completion of the District wired infrastructure
- Approved the recycling of unusable technoloty equipment through IT Recycling Group.
- Approved purchase and installation of a scoreboard sound system.
- Approved PBK Facilities Consultants to provide professional services for roofing replacements at Jr. High and Cowan.
- Approved the purchase of ELAR Instruction Materials.
- Approved the submission of a TEA Low Attendance Day Expedited Waiver due to school safety concerns on February 28 and March 1 and 2, 2018.