The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled Board meeting. The following were recognized at the February meeting:
Kubacak Elem. recognized their 5th Grade Tribal Leaders Safety Patrol. Samuel Cole, Kayden Schoen, Emma Funke, Doran Cripe, Caitlyn Tombrella, Madison Hill, Alissa McKinney, Kylie Wentzel, Kamryn Ostermayer, Tripp Marett, Mia Stoler, Lorelai Krajewski, Katelynn Torres, Angela Tuttolimondo, London Hernandez, Wesley Martinez, Kyndal Burnam, Jordan Benigar, Melody Ledbetter, Madelyne Baulis, Andrew Gonzalez, Ava Martinez, Kaitlyn Patterson, Kayleb Mittelsted, Joshua Cantrell, Lillith Hardung, Cole Griggs, Hailey Nutter and Makenzie Anderson
Jr. High and High School recognized History Day Competition winners. From the Jr. High, Alina Dodd, Hayden Mayberry, Brooke Fonke, Fiona Feldpausch, Nolan Griggs, Eric Baker; Alli Vassallo, E.J. Flores, Vincent Holm, Kevin Smalls, Gaven Mayfield, Chris Adams, C.J. Skillman, Ty Pickett, Seth Kamata, Arianna Briones, Kayley O’Brien, Bailey Williams, Asa Brieden, Grant Eckenrode, Mallory Summers, Alexandra Cappadona, Kyla Scheck, Arianna Edmond, Anna Clower, Sasha Bishop, Shane Bishop, Wyatt Childress, Royal Cumby, Landon Spriggs, Alberto Rios, Jr., Laurelie Nemeth, Daniel Renz, Autumn Chambliss, Payton Cundiff, Syvanna Kennedy, Bianca Gomez, Miranda Gonzalez, Brissa Ochoa, Lauren Williford, Kirra Dyer, Chloe Splawn, McKinsey Criss, Kristen Simpson and Jacob Baty. H.S. winners – Erin Werner, Brooke Hillman, Cole Young, Elena Dondonay, Skyler Skillman, Leila Butler, Oldrich Firasek, Jordan Scofield, Laura Rogers, Ash Kidd, Wyatt Wilks, William Fisher Murray, Keegan Wilson, Emily Graves, Sarah Nelson, Christian Curtis, Gavin Hawk, Justin Kirsch, Cole McGuire, Layne Nix, Marcus Dobson and Cassidy Hallows
Jr. High recognized their UIL Choir participants. Twenty nine students from Santa Fe Jr. High competed in the UIL Region 17 Solo Competition held on January 20th. The following 4 students received a Division One rating. Ty Cole, Caryna Franzke, Annalicia Salazar and Hannah Tucker. Their sponsor is Gunnar Tietge.
H.S. recognized the following cast members of “Annie” for their outstanding performance. Valerie Robinson, Haley Pyle, Cameron Redwine, Jase O’Brien, Emily Graves, Azia Miranda, Fisher Murray, Epic Lucas, Jacob Hinton and Anthony Richard. They are under the direction of Gunnar Tietge
YUM Nutrition Department – On January 16, 2018, the Texas Department of Agriculture awarded the “Best of the Bunch Award” for the 2017 Local Products Challenge to our YUM Department and Director, Cherie Bowers.
Employees of the Month for February are Ana Balle, RJW; Stephanie Lyssy, Kubacak; Adriana Briones, Jr. High; Dana Loop, H.S.; Amanda Thumann, Transportation; Sam Herrera, Maintenance; Maria Bouquet, Custodial; Maria Trevino, Child Nutrition; Kelly Logan, Admin.
- Monthly Reports
- Annual Racial Profiling Report
- 2nd Quarter Investment Report
- SFISD Health and Speech Requirement Update
- Minutes for January 22, 2018
- Accounts Payable $422,583.61
- Budget Amendment #6
- Additional SFISD Teacher Appraisal System Appraiser
- Approved the renewal of property insurance for a term of March 1, 2018 to February 28, 2019.
- Approved the PCAT auto and general liability insurance for a period of March 1, 2018 to February 28, 2019.
- Approved donations.
- Approved the contract with Terracon Consultants, Inc., to provide materials testing services on the new elementary school.
- Approved the contract with Division One Construction to construct the new elementary school.
- Approved the donation of computers from the Texas Department of Criminial Justice.
- Approved SFISD's nomination of Scott Brast to fill the vacancy on the GCAD Board of Directors for the 2018-2019 term.
- Approved Policy AF(LOCAL) as presented.
- Approved a resolution to proclaim March 2018 as Music In Our Schools month in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved a resolution to proclaim March 5-9, 2018 as National School Breakfast week in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved a resolution to proclaim March 2018 as National Social Workers month in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved a resolution to proclaim March 2018 as Texas Public Schools month in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved the invoice for Special Education Services provided by Galveston Brazoria Cooperative for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (GBCDHH).
- Approved the 2018- 2019 Academic Calendar.