January 22, 2018
The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled Board meeting. The following were recognized at the January meeting:
Employees of the Month for January are: Amy Bouse, RJW; Jamie Nichols, Kubacak; Lyndi Carney, Jr. High; T. J. Heidt, H.S.; Dalton Boring, Transportation; Harold Seese, Maintenance; Hector Vargas, Custodial; Stephen Murphy, Child Nutrition; Brittany Shuman, Admin.
School Board Recognition Month - The Culinary students at SFHS along with their teacher Mr. Robert Perkins, prepared a wonderful meal for the Board members and their spouses. Mayor Jeff Tambrella presented the Board with a proclamation. Mayor Tambrella read the proclamation and presented it to Board President Rusty Norman on behalf of the City and community. The Board was also serenaded by RJW students from the Soar Program.
- Monthly Reports
- Update on Purchase of Additional land on FM1764 adjacent to the new elemenatry school site.
- Report on Student Attendance and an overview of the Altnerative Learning Center.
- Minutes for December 18, 2017
- Accounts Payable $860,050.12 (Frost Bank) - $107,209.33 (TX First Bank)
- Budget Amendment #5
- Commodity Processors for the Food Purchasing Cooperative
- Student Transfers
- Approved resolution to proclaim February 1-28, 2018 as Career & Technical Education Month in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved resolution to proclaim Feburary 5-9, 2018 as National School Counselor Week in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved the Investment Policy Resolutions.
- Approved contract with CMTA for Commissioning Services of the new elementary school.
- Approved policy revisions to increase spending limit on bond items only.
- Approved the submission of a TEA Low Attenance Day Expedited Waiver due to inclement weather on December 8, 2017.
- Approved the shared services agreement with Galveston Brazoria Cooperative for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (GBCDHH).