November 27, 2017
Kubacak Elem - recognized their 5th Grade Safety Patrol students for modeling respect, responsibility, and integrity for other students to follow. Katelynn Hardy, Presley Warren, Gianna Bradley, Andrew Lamb, Averi Yovan, Jacob Moran, Faith Massey, Kaitlyn Richardson, Robert Boyson, Megan Freeman, Marissa Salgado, Beau Loving, Bertino Gil-Hernandez, Karis Hardcastle, Alissa Salgado, Breckyn Plite, Elaina Dominy-Gillis, Jack Wagner, Natalia Garcia, Samantha Thieleman, Jason Gerik, Darci Myers, Reighlynn Taylor, Robert Chapman, Aubrey Pryor, Nicole Hubbell, Shelby Baker, Hayden Leavell, Allyson Morton, Tara Tabor, Kyleigh Payne, Mary Copeland, Kimbery Herzik and Hailey Collins
Jr. High - recognized their 7th Grade "A" football team for winning District in the Gulf Coast Area with a 6-0 record. They are: Ashton Revier, Wyatt Van Houten, Ivan Lloyd, Kyeler Thompson, Ian Kemp, Jaxson Derrisaw, Brice Smith, Garrett Bland, Conner Clemons, Ashton Woods, Dylan Folse, Alexander Valdez, E.J. Flores, Pierce Schwertner, Diego Rabago, Jose Uresti, Braden Lutz, Lance Nix, Riley Jones, Victor Elizondo, Christopher Wells, Carson Dunham, Michael Henson, Devin Stoffel, Anthony Arcidiacono, Cade Whitfield, John Cappadona, Reese Brewer, Jackson Stroud, Nikolas Trapp and Sean Patterson, Coaches are Graham Hardy, John Norton and Shawn Best. CONGRATULATIONS!
SFHS - recognized 9 students that were part of the Region 17 All-Region Choir Concert. They are: Haley Pyle, Leila Butler, Verity Latham, Skyler Skillman, Ashtlynn Kidd, Nicholas Robertson, Oldrich Firasek, Laura Rogers and Devin Maier. Haley Pyle is advancing on to compete at the Pre-Area Round of auditions that will be held at Shadow Creek H.S. on December 2nd!
Administration - recognized the High School "Rock Club" who recently played at the SFTXEF Gala with honoree, Johnny Lee. They are: Laramie Thompson, John Keller and Nathan Fredrickson. Sponsors are: Ken Harms and Steve Rose
Employees of the Month for Novenber are Bonita Hyatt, RJW; Morgan Thomas, Kubacak; Jennifer Macauley, Jr. High; Traci Quilter, H.S.; Brandy Fuller, Transportation; Tim Finley, Maintenance; Erika Puebla, Custodial; Nicki Garcia, Child Nutrition; Jodi Gildey, Admin.
- Monthly Reports - Bob Atkins updated the Board on on-going projects and bond work. Ms. Hanssard updated the Board on Nine Weeks Staff Attendance and Mrs. Townsend updated the Board on the Quarterly Investment Report.
- Minutes for October 16, 2017
- Accounts Payable $1,170,152.10
- Budget Amendment #3
- Student Transfers
- Contract with Edgenuity
- SFHS Waiver for Modified Schedule/State Assessment Testing Days
- Approved Resolution 2017 with 135 votes to be awarded to Mary Trish Hanks for GCAD Board of Directors.
- Approved donations.
- Approved the official bid for Parcel #1100-0026-0023-000 for property held in trust and issued an order to execute deed.
- Approved the Microsoft Licensing for the 2018 calendar year.
- Approved the updated special services contracted service agreement with Thalia Parker.
- Approved the roofing repair contract for the remaining 2017-2018 fiscal year with F.W. Walton, Inc.
- Approved the SFHS Fine Arts Students trip to New York City with Green Light Tours.