Santa Fe ISD appreciates all who are willing to commit time and energy to helping students succeed and to provide an excellent place for learning for all students. It takes a combined approach to accomplish this, and we welcome volunteers to join in the goal of making our schools the best they can be.
According to Texas Education Code, Section 22.083, Santa Fe ISD may obtain criminal history record information on an individual who has indicated, by application, to serve as a volunteer.
Completion of the volunteer application qualifies as written intent to serve as a volunteer at a designated Santa Fe ISD campus and release to conduct a criminal background information check. The Criminal information obtained is confidential and used only for ensuring student safety.
Steps to Become a Santa Fe ISD Volunteer:
1. Read the Santa Fe ISD Volunteer Guidelines and Santa Fe ISD Professional Dress Standards.
2. Print and complete the application indicating the position preference of volunteer and campus/campuses in which you plan to volunteer, the Criminal History Form, and the Confidentiality Statement.
3. Once completed, you may return the documents to the *campus.
Steps to Become a Santa Fe ISD Extra-Curricular Volunteer:
1. Read the Santa Fe ISD Volunteer Guidelines.
2. Print and complete the Criminal History Form and the Confidentiality Statement.
3. Once completed, you may return documents to the *campus.
Steps to Become a Santa Fe ISD Chaperone:
1. Print and complete the application indicating the event you wish to Chaperone, and the Criminal History Form.
2. Once completed, you may return the documents to the *campus.
*NOTE: If you select more than one campus to volunteer, it is not necessary to complete more than one application. It may be returned to any of our four campuses.
NOTE: Volunteers and Chaperones must re-apply each school year.