October 17, 2016
The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The following were recognized at the October meeting.
Kubacak Elementary recognized their 5th Grade Safety Patrol. These students model safety expectations for all students a Kubacak. They are: Nathan Williams, Tiffany Tobar, Isabella Hancock, Allie Leblanc, Arianna Briones, Jenna Finegan, Steven Ward, Ryleigh Shubert, M.J. Sotirelis, Colin Richardson, Jacie Schoen, Riley Childs, Zane Murff, Joseph Floyd Dylan Dearmond, Evelin Amaya, Devin Suniga, Trenton Tanner, Morgan Walton, Trace Wohleb, Andrew O’Day, Kassandra Ennis, Cameron Estep, Andrew Cox and Kylie McGee.
Santa Fe Jr. High recognized community members Mr. Gerald Murff and Mr. Nicholas Monroe for their dedicated service in building an outdoor classroom learning deck for Jr. High students.
Santa Fe High School recognized their Choir Program Students and Director. Seven students auditioned by the Texas Music Educators Association
All-State process. Of the seven, 4 students are advancing to the next round which is All-Region. Lauren Schanfish received 3rd Chair out of 125 students; Victoria Cole received 5th Chair out of 140 students; Elizabeth Holtz received 8th Chair out of 125 students and Laramie Thompson received 11th Chair out of 140 students. The students are under the direction of Mr. Gunnar Tietge
SFHS seniors Evelyn Bell and Hannah Longoria were recognized for passing their State of Texas Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) exam. Their teacher is Mrs. Lacey Glover.
Varsity Volleyball Team and Student Council presented the Board with t-shirts they designed in hopes to bring all students and community together and defuse any negativity. The shirts read “Stand As One” on the front and “Santa Fe Proud” on the back.
All campuses were recognized for their continued support of Coins For Cancer donations. RJW raised $900.74, Kubacak $1,408.00, Jr. High $751.66 and H.S. $3,414.00. Total of $6,474.67 which exceeded last year’s total by $2,622.87. Teacher volunteers from each campus were Kasondra Shaver at RJW, Angela Cardwell at Kubacack, Marlo Bear, Casey Kimball and Robin Schoen at Jr. High and Lisa Louper and Sandi Bicknell at the H.S. Student volunteers were Grant
Keller, Brinlee Nichols, Kennedi Howard, Blake Leal, Isabella Cowling, Krista Long, Reid Ostermayer, Kenzie Smith, Valerie Robinson and Azia Miranda. Special thank you to Mrs. Susan Leining for continuing to share this worth drive with our students
Employees of the Month – Kasondra Shaver (RJW); Dede McLaughlin (Kubacak); Ken Guest (Jr. High); Judi Wardrup (H.S.); Allana Thumann (Transportation); Cesario Vasquez (Maintenance); Alvina Galindo (Custodial); Michelle Lambright (Child Nutrition); Randie Martindale (Admin.)
- Monthly Reports
- Quarterly Investment Report - 1st Quarter
- Minutes for September 19, 2016 and October 5, 2016
- Accounts Payable $1,955,007.39
- Budget Amendment #4
- Student Transfers
- DePelchin Children's Center MOU Renewal
- Continuing Contract with Edgenuity
- TEKS Resource Management System
- Instructional Materials Allotment (IMA) Adoption Committee
- Approved the adoption of the Galveston County Schools Consortium 2017 Legislative Priorities.
- Approved donations.
- Approved the 2016 Tax Roll and recognized compliance with the Texas Property Code.
- Tabled the Financial Audit Report for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2016, pending approval of final reports.
- Approved the 2016-2017 District and Campus Improvement Plans.
- Approved the resolution proclaiming the week of November 14-18, 2016 as National School Psychology Awareness Week in SFISD.