RJ Wollam Elementary
Car Rider Morning Drop-off: You are welcome to drive your car through the car rider line and we will have a staff member ensure students make their way into the building safely.
Walk-up Morning Drop-off: Please remember to park on the hardtop and follow the sidewalk to the back of the school by the gym. You must walk your child to the door and not just drop them off to walk on their own.
The front parking spots are reserved for families who have a meeting at the school that morning or who need to visit the nurse or front office. Please do not plan to park in the front and walk you child to the door. The police officer on duty will ask you to get in the car rider line or drive around to the back to walk your child to the back door. Please note that a city ordinance does not allow left turns on Ave S during posted school zone times. School zone times are 7:30am-9:30am
Please share the information with others who may drop your child off at school in the morning to ensure they are aware of the procedures as well.
Dan J. Kubacak Elementary Parents:
In an effort to reduce long lines, extended wait times, and facilitate a quicker drop off/ pick up process for car riders, we have made changes at Kubacak.
Drivers will enter Kubacak from 6th street, and may drive in either the left or right lanes. Kubacak staff and/or police officers will be stationed at the painted crosswalks closest to the front doors of the school and gym entrance. This loading area can accommodate up to twelve vehicles (six in each lane). Students will unload from their parents’ cars from either side of the vehicle where they will find a yellow painted stripe, dubbed the “Yellow Brick Road”. This walkway extends from crosswalk to crosswalk. Students will walk the “Yellow Brick Road” to the nearest crosswalk, where they will be directed by a monitor to the building sidewalk.
No vehicles will be allowed to move until all students have safely made it to the sidewalk. Once the “Loading Area” is clear, both lanes of traffic will be allowed to exit towards the Warpath exit where a Crossing guard will assist getting them out to the street in an expeditious manner. Drivers in the left lane will be directed south towards HWY 6, and drivers in the right lane will be directed north towards 6th Street. As the loading area empties, another twelve vehicles will be directed to move forward and continue the process.
Please have your student ready to unload before you approach the loading area.
Morning Drop-Off (Beginning at 8:00)
• To assist with traffic flow: please follow the directions of campus police officers and staff members as you pull through the drive through line. Car riders will pull in through the front of the building off of 1764. There will be lanes as you enter the drive through line. If you enter in the left hand lane, you will need to exit to the right onto 1764. If you enter in the right hand lane, you will exit to the left onto 1764- Please make sure your child is prepared to exit your vehicle when you pull up to drop them off. Car riders will enter through the gym doors and walk to their designated grade level or location until school begin. If your child needs to eat breakfast, they will be directed to the cafeteria to eat before heading to their location.
• Bus riders will be dropped off in the front of the building and will enter through the front, left hand doors. Once they enter the building: they will be directed to the grade level location. If they need to eat breakfast, they will be directed to the cafeteria.
Afternoon Pick-up: (3:55)
• Vehicles will pull in through the front of the building off of 1764. There will be two lanes as you enter the drive through line. Car riders will line up in the gym and a staff member will call for them as you pull up into the two lanes. If you enter in the left hand lane, you will need to exit to the right onto 1764. If you enter in the right hand lane, you will exit to the left onto 1764 We ask that you place the green car rider card we provide for you on your car sun visor. Your child's car rider number will need to be clearly visible on the card]
• Bus riders will load buses in the front of the building. Teachers will escort students to their correct bus
bus changes must be done through the Transportation Department. All other transportation changes will need to be sent in writing to the front office by 3:00 to ensure that every one is sent home safely.
Junior High and Warpath
Please see the attached map of the drop off/pick up procedures.
- Please do not pull into the administrative parking lot across from the junior high.
- You may pull onto either side of the road in designated areas (in front of the junior high or in front of the W. Nelson,old FBI Gym) to wait for your student, but please do not make an illegal U-Turn anywhere on Warpath Ave.
- Please make sure that you utilize appropriate blinkers when pulling in or out to a parking space.
- Please make sure that you pull your entire car off of the road to pick up your student. This will allow for traffic to continue to flow as you wait.
Thank you for your understanding and assistance in ensuring our students and families safety.
Santa Fe High School
Parent Drop Off/Pick Up
Parents can drop off and pick up their students in the Front Drive, using the East entrance (closest to Tower Rd), or by the Auditorium by using the Main Drive (at the traffic light). The Main Drive is for 2-way travel, so please stay to the right.
Please note: The drive next to the Auditorium is one-way during the drop off and pick up times, going towards the rear of the school. Students who drive themselves are encouraged to use the West or Rear entrances. Please be a courteous driver, and remember that all applicable traffic laws apply in a school parking lot.