January 23, 2017
The Board recognizes students and staff each month at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The following were recognized at the January meeting.
Employees of the Month – Gail Ballinger (RJW); Angela Sumrall (Kubacak); Patricia Allen (Jr. High); Daniel Vaughn (H.S.); Shirley Richards (Transportation); Harold Seese (M & O); Graciela Bautista (Custodial); San Juanita Hernandez (Nutrition Services); Kari Kovacevich (Admin.)
Board Appreciation - In appreciation of School Board Recognition Month, the Mayor of Santa Fe Mr. Jeff Tambrella presented the Board with a
proclamation. Mayor Tambrella read the proclamation and presented it to President, Rusty Norman on behalf of the City and community. This year’s theme was “All-Star Team.”
- Monthly Reports
- Quarterly Investment Report
- BuyBoard Co-Op Management Rebate Report
- Racial Profiling Report
- Minutes for December 12, 2016 and December 14, 2016.
- Accounts Payable $782,943.03
- Budget Amendment #5
- Student Transfers
- Class Size Waiver Application
- Early Release Days Expedited Waiver
- SFHS Waiver for Modified Schedule/State Assessment Testing Days
- Staff Development Days Waiver
- Approved the submission of resolution to the 85th Legislature to repeal A-F Accountability Rating System.
- Approved the proclamation for February 1-28th as Career & Technical Education month in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved the proclamation for February 6-10th as National School Counseling Week in Santa Fe ISD.
- Approved the reward of danations from Santa Fe Texas Education Foundation grant awards from December in the amount of $56,014.01
- Approved the investment policy resolutions.
- Approved the two-year extended service contract with Dell.
- Approved the donation from TDCJ for 60 desktop computers and monitors.
- Approved the purchase of four new 77-passenger CNG powered school buses.
- Approved the contract with Market Place Alliance, LLC for managing the food co-op.
- Approved the purchase of furniture, art and paint for the serving line at the H.S. cafeteria.
- Approved the purchase of a van and maintenance truck for the YUM! Nutrition Services department.
- Agreed to table the naming of an Architect firm to design the new elementary school, need further discussion.