***SFISD Substitute Applications for the 2022-2023 School Year are now OPEN.
Please see the tab to the left and click Employment Opportunities to apply.***
Upcoming Orientation/C.R.A.S.E Date:
- Virtual Orientation
- CRASE Date - October 5, 2022 from 8:00am-12:00pm at the Cowan Education Center (4133 Warparth Avenue)
- Orientation will now be virtual and a link will be sent to you once you complete the substitute application
- Applications must be submitted through Talent Ed
- Complete the Fingerprinting Process
- Complete SafeSchools Compliance Training
- Please bring Original Transcripts, Driver’s License and Social Security Card
Substitutes for the Nurse Clinic:
- Valid RN/LVN
- Valid CPR/First Aid certificate
*Please contact Jodi Nash, Lead Nurse, at email@example.com
1.Complete Online Application:
Complete the substitute online application. You must attach certifications (if applicable) before attending orientation. If you need a computer, it is available in the HR Office. After you apply, you will receive an email confirmation detailing your orientation date and time.
2.Complete Substitute Teacher Orientation:
After you complete the virtual orientation, you will provide copies of your identification, educational transcripts/certificates and complete the required paperwork. Discussions on topics such as Educator Code of Ethics, AESOP Management System, Classroom Management and Substitute Handbook.
If fingerprinting is needed, you will receive an email from Identego with a link to make an appointment. You are responsible for payment and scheduling this appointment. The facility will accept credit/debit card, checks or money order payment (no cash). Make sure to take a valid ID to the appointment.
4.Complete Safe Schools Online Training- (Mandatory Compliance Training)
An email with login information will be sent to the email address you provide.
Previous Substitutes that did not submit a Letter of Reasonable Assurance for the 2022-2023 school year will have to be rehired. Please update your application and contact Human Resources.
Substitute Office Contact:
Tara Mata, Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources and District Substitute Coordinator